Our local, reasonable, and reliable trash hauler was bought out by WM some years ago. The company sent a letter saying how great they would be so I signed up.

But things have not gone well ... The first thing that happened was the driver left the dumpster in the middle of the driveway during a snow storm. The wife got home and ended up stuck halfway out on the highway because of this think sitting in the middle of the driveway and of course frozen in by then. I was so mad I call WM and told them to come take this away.

Well, they said too bad but you have a contract. I switched to a 30 day contract as soon as I could so I could get out in short order if I wanted. That day came 6 months ago when they jacked my bill again and I found out I could get the same service for 1/2 the price. Calling doesn't work - you need to send a certified letter to cancel your contact.

I did and they came and pulled the dumpster without any notice leaving me with no garbage service until I got a different carrier started (kind of annoying but no big deal). The support person I talked to told me I would receive a credit since I pay a month in advance and they dumpster was pulled before the end of the month. What they didn't tell me or inform me of was a $150 removal fee. I was never told there would be a fee and to my knowledge this fee was never disclosed in my agreement.

After many many years of marginal service I get wacked with an outrageous fee as a going away present.

I doubt there is any recourse so all I can do is complain loudly to anyone who will listen about how poorly this company treats their customers. DO NOT USE WASTE MANAGEMENT!

Product or Service Mentioned: Waste Management Waste Collection.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments

Hi, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We're sorry to see this happen and would like to help.

Please email wmcares@wm.com (sub:#1086303) with your address and contact info so we can look into further. Thank you ^yn