Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2.5

Upon opening my business, I entered into a 3 year contract with WM to provide waste removal service. Initially, we had 3 50-gallon cans. After a couple of missed pick-ups, I called WM and was informed that the driver refused to come in to our parking lot and pick up the cans, and that we would have to haul them to the curb ourselves. Shortly after this, we switched to a 4 yard dumpster. Everything was fine for the next several months, until we hit Year 3 of our contract. At that time, I was informed that our rate was going from $75/month to $113/month. I asked if there was any way that we could lower our rate, and WM told me that the only way we could go back to our lower rate was if we signed on for another 3 years. I asked if our rate would be guaranteed for the entire 3 years of the contract, and was told that it was not, and that they reserved the right to raise our rate at any time during the 3 year term. I refused the agreement and paid the nearly $500 total increase for the year and am now switching to another company that is guaranteeing our $75/month rate for our entire 3 year deal.

Incidentally, the town we live in has recently dropped WM in favor of another company. As a resident, I found WM's pick-up service wholly unacceptable. Not only was their service unreliable, their drivers had a terrible attitude and damaged our cans, threw out one of our lids, and even pulled an address sign out of the ground next to our trash cans and threw it out like trash.

Overall, Waste Management is the worst company I have ever had to deal with. They should be avoided at all costs.

Product or Service Mentioned: Waste Management Waste Collection.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Waste Management Pros: Website and e-pay options.

Waste Management Cons: Rate and the service, Corrupt contract, Driver services.

• Waste Management Fraud

Comments

I've found Waste Management driver to be arrogant, discourteous and outright rude!

At least twice a year 'fails' to remove my trash bags - though He walks past mine to my Neighbors bags ten feet behind mine.

Waste Management - customer service calls have failed to correct this easy problem.

I had been a customer for 6 years. After doing some homework I found another trash company that would do the same job for $83.00 cheaper.

When I went to cancel they wanted $380.00!!!

I would never sign a contract with this company. I would never use this company.

We're sorry to hear about losing you as a customer. If you would like to further discuss please email wmcaresonline@wm.com (Subject: Pittsburgh, PA) with the business name, address, and your contact information. Thank you.