Haddonfield, New Jersey

I contracted Waste Management for a 20 yd. can and prepaid over $500 on my CC. Since I had been a commercial account for over 20 years, I was told that I could keep the can for 30 days. At the end of the 30 days, I called to inquire how much it would be to keep the can for an additional month. At first I was told $10 a day, but I keep asking if there was a monthly rental rate available. After pressuring the rep several times with the same question, he finally admitted that he could charge me a $100 "inactivity" fee for the extra month. He said that with "environmental" fees it would come to just under $150. I verified this $150 fee three times during the phone conversation, and then told the rep that I will like to keep the can the additional 30 days for agreed upon charge. At the end of the 30 additional days, the can was picked up as scheduled.

A few weeks later, I received a bill for $650 instead of the $150 I was quoted. When I called to inquire about the charge, I was told that it was for the extra days I had the can, plus "environmental" fees. I explained that I was told that it would be under $150 for the extra days. The rep said that she knew nothing about that, and would have a supervisor listen to the original call. She said it would take about a week. Instead of the expected week, the rep called back the very next day to inform me that her supervisor had listened to the original call, that I was never quoted the $150 charge, and that I would be responsible for the entire additional $650. The supervisor either outright lied, or never bothered to listen to the original phone call.

I would recommend that you do not deal with this company, but if you have no other choice, record all phone conversations with them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Waste Management Waste Collection.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Comments

We're sorry for your experience with Waste Management and we would like to be able to review your account. Please email wmcaresonline@wm.com with your name, address/account number.

Subject line should be Haddonfield, NJ.

We look forward to assisting. Thank you.