Additional Fees

I signed up for a debris box, paid with a credit card, and was initially pleasantly surprised by how easy and convenient it was to deal with a vendor I had previously had bad experience with. I had to call again to change the location of the dumpster, but the dumpster showed up on time and was delivered to the right location as promised.

I was removing a very large concrete chimney and had read plenty of debris box reviews so I was especially sensitive to the possibility of weight overage; I verified multiple times that there was no charge for weight overage. This is not something I minced words about. I scheduled a pick up and away went the dumpster and my chimney. I returned from a Thanksgiving vacation to find a bill for an extra $1200 for overage.

I have followed up with the division that schedules these four times - each time they said they'd listen to the tapes of the calls and get back to me. Someone called back (from a number I didn't recognize so I didn't answer) and left a message stating they'd listened to the calls and I was wrong.

This is a bald-faced lie - if they were going to charge an overage, I would have used another company. I absolutely will not pay this and will retain a lawyer if they continue this stance.

Product or Service Mentioned: Waste Management Dumpster Rental.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Remove the additional charges.

I didn't like: Overcharged and did not return calls.

Comments

Hi, apologies for this, we would like to look into it. Please send your address to wmcares@wm.com (sub Review #1151251) thank you ^tw