Denver, Colorado

Had work done at my house and contractor needed a dumpster so I ordered one. I did a three day rental and added a day so that we had an extra day for a total cost of $554.

The fine print catch is that they do not give you a delivery or pick up time and it can be anywhere from 6am to 6pm. My dumpster did not come until 3pm and was picked up at 10am. I basically lost two days! Lets look at it this way, and consider the working day to start at 9am and end at 5pm.

That means with a four day rental I have a total of 32 working hours I am paying for, but ended up with only 19 hours actually having the dumpster on site. Now I can understand the dumpster not arriving at 9am and not being picked up at 5pm on the last day, but to arrive after noon and pick up before noon while I pay for full days on both the drop off and pick up day is a rip off. If you break it down to cost per hour, it comes to me losing $225.03.

Now I have rented construction equipment, like lifts and skid loaders, and they do not function in this way. Now WM is protected as they have it this spelled out in their fine print, but I suggest finding someone else to use as WM has found a legal way to scam people out of money for service not rendered.

Product or Service Mentioned: Waste Management Dumpster Rental.

Comments