El Cajon, California

Do not trust Waste Management with automatic withdrawals from your bank account. It may be a while before you see your money again, if ever.

Over ten weeks ago Waste Management made a $1300+ withdrawal from my bank account, on a bill of about $300. I have contacted them at least five (I think actually seven) times and they have confirmed the $1000+ overdraw was their error.

Nevertheless, they haven't given the money back, and their customer service is terrible. All they will tell me is that the refund is "in work" and that I should get it sometime in the future. I have asked many times for a date and amount; they promise to research it and call back. They don't.

Two and a half months is more than enough time to straighten out this problem. They should simply transfer the money back, and if they cannot do that they should tell me why, and when I will be reimbursed.

$1000.00 isn't a negligible amount. Their leadership needs to wake up.

Product or Service Mentioned: Waste Management Service Transfer.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Waste Management Cons: Company attitude.

Comments

We're very sorry to read about the automatic payment mishap, we can definitely assist in resolving this matter. Please email wmcares@wm.com (Subject: El Cajon, CA) w/your service address & contact information, so we may better assist you.

Thank you & apologies again. ^RM