Resolved
2.3
Additional Fees

Update by user Sep 22

Give the WM corporate Credit department credit!The Houston office of WM Credit contacted me seeking information relating to my issue with the local Phoenix credit group.

I sent all the information.

Houston Credit depart researched and discovered that the information in my claim was entirely correct and directed the local credit department to issue a letter showing the payments were made as stated and that WM was paid in full as invoiced.Thanks to Pissed Consumer for coordinating resolution of this issue.

Original review posted by user Jul 27

I have weekly trash pick up by WM.Good Service!

In March 2017, when a contractor I hired at my house needed a dumpster, I ordered one through WM. WM delivered, contractor filled up and WM picked up as scheduled. At the time I ordered the dumpster, my credit card was charged the agreed upon amount. I thought that was the end of the transaction.

May 1, I received notice via email that I owed an additional amount for excess weight. Included in this notice was a statement of the amount originally charged, a credit showing that the balance was paid and the additional amount due, which would be charged to the card on file. During the period between the first transaction with WM and the second, the card used in original transaction was fraudulently used; the Bank cancelled and issued a new card. The next communication received from WM on June 2 that the amount past due was equal to the original amount due and paid plus the amount for the overweight charge.

Calls to the WM credit department were made and I tried to get an explanation of how an amount that was already settled happened to get into the new amount due. I was treated quite rudely and was told to pay up or go to collection. I presented my case in a well written letter to the credit department along with a check for the amount due for the overweight charge. The check was cashed.

I received another collection letter.

I believe my only recourse is to engage an attorney to preserve my innocence.Be careful when dealing with WM.

Review about: Waste Management Commercial Waste Collection.

Preferred solution: Review the transaction and issue credit to statement.

I liked: Prompt service and personnel.

I didn't like: Do not resolve complaints.

Had an Experience with Waste Management?

Comments

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1356544

You encountered what seems to be typical "customer service" at many businesses---the employees have little common sense, no ability to speak or think coherently, but are still employed by the business.With the "never pay for something you don't owe" refrain in mind, don't pay it and get a free consult with an attorney to see what you can do.

Oftentimes, a stern letter from an attorney will get someone's attention in WM who has some common sense. If they send you to collections, use your attorney to sue them for a variety of harmful actions against you, your reputation, harm to your credit, etc.

If you know the names of the people you spoke with and the dates and times, etc.make sure you keep a record of them and what they said, etc.

Houston, Texas, United States #1356534

Hi, this is not what we want to see.We're very sorry to hear about your experience with us.

We'd like to look into address all your concerns.

Please email wmcares@wm.com (sub:#1080221) with your address and contact info so we can better assist you.Thank you ^yn