Ann Arbor, Michigan

Waste management purchased TLC, who I had used for many years, and immediately increased rates (about $100/dumpster), changed terms (they now charge rental), and offered service that was not as good. This was not done with any notification to us so we could adjust pricing accordingly.

When I complained about being charged rental they did not seem to care and did not offer any options to help me make the transition. As a contractor I purchase many dumpsters a year and have now found another hauler. They did a similar thing with my local trash hauling company and were very unfriendly when I had service issues after they took over. I found a local hauler and am very happy with the service and pricing.

Waste Management is a giant waste hauling corporation who puts bottom line first and has worked very hard to monopolize the waste hauling world. I'd recommend hiring anyone else if you have the opportunity, if they are your only hauler you are stuck with them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Waste Management Commercial Waste Collection.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments

Hello, we are sorry to hear about your recent experience with your service and billing. We would like to look into this further, please email us with your address and contact information to wmcares@wm.com (subject: #951493) and we'll reach out to you. Thank you ^dn

Jason-Turner

Should give you a 30 day warning about increasing rates before they implement them, and if you have a contract with them wait till the contract term expires.