Additional Fees

I moved out of state and Waste Management wasn’t in the state I was moving to so I cancelled my service. I received a bill that included service beyond my move out date.

My final bill was so confusing it took four different people (two of which were supervisors) to try to figure out the bill and I was on the phone with them for 90 minutes! There were numerous “I need to put you on a brief hold” I was extremely frustrated at the complete disregard for my time to figure out a $52 bill. It was hardly worth my time but this final bill was not correct. I finally reached a resolution with WM supervisor (quite frankly I was so over it after this amount of time I had to get moving on with my day) and paid the amount we agreed to to close the account.

Today, three weeks later I receive a PAST DUE NOTICE for another $32!! Oh joy! I get to call WM again so I wanted to talk to a supervisor immediately to prevent another game of “I need to place you on a brief hold”. After having to let the person who answered my call why I was calling, she looked at my account and stated the bill was for the final trash can pick up along with late and administrative fees.

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE JOKING. I am fuming at this point as this was already on the final bill I paid three weeks ago! After some back and forth and more brief holds (what on earth are you doing on these not so brief holds??) she proceeds to tell me she needs to talk with her supervisor. I then tell her I am not paying this bill and I am ready to dispute the credit card charge for the payment I made three weeks ago for the time WM has taken from me that I will never get back and she says that she will just clear the bill for me but she needs to place me on yet ANOTHER BRIEF HOLD.

When she came back to the line she told me that she was checking in with me and that she needed another one to two minutes to finalize it. I then asked her why did I need to keep waiting for her to finalize a credit?? At this point WM has taken another 20 minutes of my life I will never get back.

Waste Management: you can do a much better job of training your employees! I am so glad I am done being a customer!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Waste Management Account.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments

Thank you so much for the feedback, and I do apologize for the frustration caused by the situation. If you would like to send this concern with your address to wmcares@wm.com (subject Review #1179678) we would like to use this for coaching and development. Thank you for your time, ^tw