My HOA recently sent a letter requiring our subdivision to go with on particular trash/recycling service, which was not Waste Management. I first attempted to cancel my service online, not allowed.

I next called the automated customer service line, only to have my call go unanswered and disconnected by automated answering service. I next reached out to the "live chat" option, only to be told they were not allowed to cancel service. The live chat department gave me a secret number to call, ensuring I would get action. Actually, this number worked and I was told to put my trash/recycling containers on the curb for pick up.

The containers were picked up as scheduled, much to my surprise. Problem solved, right? No way!! I have continually been sent a bill for quarterly services, and now with a threat they will send my bill to collection.

I have not been able to reach customer service, by phone or email. I finally sent a letter explaining everything and enclosed copies of my HOA letter and my receipts showing I have been paying another company for trash/recycling service. The response? They are sending my account to collections.

I have never been so frustrated with a company in my life. Where do I turn from here?

Reason of review: continued billing/cancelled service.

Preferred solution: Quit billing me for services not rendered and cancel threat of debt collection.

I didn't like: Customer service is impossible to reach.

Comments

Hi, allow us to look into your billing concern. Please email wmcares@wm.com Sub: (Review #1275750) with your address and contact info, so we can help. ^mp