Waste Management - No Garbase pick up for over 5 weeks

313 of 386 Waste Management reviews

It's been a tough winter and when snow was deep we received three consecutive emails that WM was unnable to keep our scheduled pick up.However, when the weather improved we STILL did not get garbage picked up.

Half a dozen calls later the trash is overflowing, bags on the floor causing a potential hazard of bug infestation or rodent activity. Waste Management is never short on excuses, mostly weather which don't really stand now, also alley was blocked or unsafe conditions, one even stated the bins were not there (seriously? they sit were they always sit, how could we move them, they are full!!). Meanwhile, our neighboring building's trash which sits less than 5 feet from our bins has been picked up regulary (different service provider).

My last call was Friday, when I asked a supervisor to have the driver call me when he is here as I no longer trust they "reports" for no service. Driver shows up, tells me there's a sheet of ice in the alley and a parked car which blocks him. Ok the ice was in patches and not a thik "sheet" as he called it. I reasoned that he could park the truck a few feet from the bins just before the car (so he would not have to maneuver around it).

He said "NO" i need to be right next to the bins.

It was a fruitless convo, clearly this man did not want to do his job.We will not renew with WM once the contract is up

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Product or service
Garbage Pick Up
Review category
Utility
review #476808

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Waste Management? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
313 of 386 Waste Management reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.