1.7
Additional Fees

I had waste management for a few years. Moved the dumpster from our rental to our home for a minimal fee.

Starting the service was easy as pie. All documents emailed to us and we could sign via email. Watch the renewals though, the contract will be a 2 year term (that they dont tell you). You have to argue to get a one year term ( that left a bad taste in our mouth ).

Good thing we read the contract. After another year passes its time to cancel because it was time to trim the fat on our bills. Company makes you jump through hoops. Have to write a letter and have it sent priority mail by a certain date (thanks for the extra charge for the priority mail).

Then they charge you an outrageous pickup fee!!! Twice the cost of the monthly fee. I get mad because of it an decide, well, i will pay 10.00 a month until the balance due is gone. I got rid of the damn thing to save money!!!!

Well the company charges 10 every 30 days for a late fee on the balance due. it doesnt matter that i send them 10 a month they are still charging me another 10 a month. Not sure if that is even legal and i will be looking into it. Do i just let it go to collections and do a payoff with them?

Considering i have A1 credit and dont want this to affect that i am not sure what to do.

Needless to say when anyone in my area asks about WM they will NEVER get a good review from me. I have already had 3 friends buy new homes and all 3 went with another local company because of the issues i have had!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Waste Management Customer Care.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Waste Management Cons: Rate and the service, Defrauded me into keeping service another year.

• Poor Billing Department