Additional Fees

I have had nothing but trouble with services provided by Waste Management. It is starting to feel like I have a part time job working at getting my trash picked up and I paid an entire year in advance!

Today, they blew by our house twice and didn't pick up our trash. I couldn't understand because our bill is not due again until August 2017. The agent tells me I have a late fee past due of $69.95. I asked her, "Why would I pay for an entire year in advance and not take care of a late fee at the same time if there truly was a late fee assessed?" She explained I was late on my bill in August and they had to restart services again causing a service fee.

I requested the recorded phone call in September when I paid my bill for a whole year in advance. She asked if she could place me on hold so that she could discuss my concerns with her boss. I told her to forget it that I have had so many issues with their services and would like to cancel and be refunded my entire year of payments. She informed me it was nonrefundable.

She offered to speak with her superiors to discuss crediting my account if I would like to set up automatic payments to be withdrawn from a checking account so that service would go uninterrupted. I told her to keep the money and I will place the trash and their container in the middle of the road and they can either stop next time to pick it up or run it over. She asked again if she could place me on hold and I waited as always. When she returned her tune changed and she said they are going to credit my account and that her boss was sitting across from her giving her the approval.

I apologized to her that she has to work for such an incompetent company who to me, appears to be scandalous.

She said they sent me a notice back in September that I had an outstanding balance. I did not receive such a statement.

Product or Service Mentioned: Waste Management Residential Waste Collection.

Reason of review: Other issue.

Waste Management Cons: Corrupt contracts.

Comments

Hello, we are sorry to hear about your recent experience and would like to look into this further. Please email us with your address and contact information to wmcares@wm.com (subject: #960088 ) and we'll reach out to you.

Apologies for this. ^dn