1.4
Additional Fees

If you sign up for WM, do not - as I did - select the "customer supplied bins" option. They promise that you will receive a "Welcome Kit" with instructions for purchasing, labeling, and positioning the bins. However, they never send this welcome package.

I waited a month for it until the trash had piled up so high in the kitchen that I just couldn't wait any longer - so I went to the hardware store and bought two 64 gallon bins (one for solid, one for yard). $75 each. Filled them both and put them out. They took the solid, but not the Yard waste. When I contacted their office, they informed me that the driver had put "No yard waste present" on his log. This was a bold lie - I had put it out the midnight before.

Then they tell me, "Oh, it has to be labeled clearly". So I labeled it clearly with reflective lettering "YARD WASTE". Next week comes, no pickup. Again the driver put "No yard waste present" on his log. After going back and forth like this for months finally someone tells me, "Oh, it can only be 32 gallons, no more." THEN WHY DIDN'T THEY TELL ME THAT WHEN I COULD HAVE STILL RETURNED MY $75 64 GALLON BIN?! Now they refuse to refund me for the lost service and will not reimburse me for any of the wasted time or money or the months of service I paid for and never received. They do not care one single bit.

Meanwhile I just watched an Allied Waste Services driver come up against something unusual next door - so he stopped, got on his phone, and called over a TRACTOR to help lift it in! WM is like, "Wrong color bin, I'm not touching it!" There is no excuse for the driver lying on his log. If he had simply stated "Yard waste in wrong size bin" it could have been corrected from the start when I was still within the return window. Instead, they choose to lie repeatedly at the expense of their customers.

Product or Service Mentioned: Waste Management Residential Waste Collection.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Waste Management Pros: Solid waste pickup.

Waste Management Cons: Driver lying in log, No refund for services not rendered, Poor communication, No welcome kit as promised on invoice.

Comments

Hello, we are sorry to hear about your recent experience with your service and would like to look into this further for you. Please email us at wmcares@wm.com (sbuject: #946538) with your address and contact info and we'll reach out to you. thank you ^dn

Jason-Turner

Waste Management is the best advertising Allied Waste Services could ask for! :)