1.2
Additional Fees

Our company has been a customer of WM for over 20 years. Their prices have been skyrocketing and are way above the cost of any other company. So when i received the service agreement renewal from them stating that the effective date was 11/20 I did some research and found a company that can handle our needs for 1/3 of what WM is charging I decided not to renew the contract.

I called Waste Management to inform them that we would not be renewing and asked them to come and pick up their bins. At this time I was told that the contract had automatically renewed back in June. When I questioned the new service agreement that I just received I was told that once the contract is renewed they wait a few months to send out the new contract rates and that they do not send out anything before the contract comes up for renewal. I stated to the rep "you mean you do not send out anything notifying the customer in advance, you wait until they are already locked in and then you send out something letting them know you already got us, to bad so sad" and she said that yes, that is what they do.

I then told them I still wanted out of the contract and asked them how much it would be and was told an astronomical amount. I told them to come and pick up their dumpsters and they said they would not pick them up until they have received a check from us terminating the contract and that the check has cleared the bank.

After 20 plus years, not one time did the rep ask what they could do to keep our service. It has been made very clear by the WM employees and their matter of business that they are nothing more than crooks and thugs.

Product or Service Mentioned: Waste Management Commercial Waste Collection.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

• contract termination date
  • contract break
  • Waste Management Rip-offs

Comments

Hello, we are very sorry to hear about your most recent experience and would like to look into this further on your behalf. Please email us with your address and contact info to wmcares@wm.com (Subject: #956738) and we will reach out to you. Thank you ^dn