Rochester, Minnesota

We recently experienced a snow storm that caused delays across the board in my city. It is normal, and acceptable, for trash service to be delayed due to these storms. Waste Managements (WM) initial message was that service would be a day late. Their second message that day said recycling service would not run until the following week. Soon after that, a third message to inform me that no service would be provided until the following week.

I called WM for an explanation, as all other trash companies were running and picking up for their customers. The representative was polite, but had no explanation, so I asked to speak to a supervisor. I was told by Chris (supervisor? emp. Id# 5989) that it was due to a weather related event. He could provide no explanation beyond that and refused to let me speak to anyone else for a better explanation. He also refused to let me speak to someone to file a complaint.

Waste Management - it snows and is below freezing here for many months each year. How can you justify shutting down service for an entire week? Are your services, drivers, or equipment inferior to that of your competitors? Even school buses ran the day after the storm. Why can't your drivers work too?

By the way...here is a pic of your commercial service 2 days after the storm. Something your supervisor said wouldn't happen "for the safety of your drivers".

Product or Service Mentioned: Waste Management Commercial Waste Collection.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Waste Management Pros: Very little.

Waste Management Cons: Uneducated responses, Horrible customer service - fail, Terrible service.

• poor

Comments

WMCares

Hello, we apologize for the delays due to the weather. We responded via private message.

Look forward to your response. ^mp

I couldn’t agree more.