10050 Naples St NE, Blaine, MN 55449, USA

The HOA I am treasurer of has been with Waste Management for 31 years. When I our contract was up 6 years ago we executed another 3 year contract because of timing issues.

When the 3 year contract came up I did some research and found a supplier with a 2 year term with fixed costs for year 1 and a modest % increase for year 2. We gave Waste Management first right of refusal (a chance to meet the competitive proposal) and they could not. Annual cost savings of over $2100 for the first year based on year 3 of WM billing. I terminated the contract based on the language and they accepted the termination.

We then received the bill for removal of the containers for 12 @ $150 plus Fuel charges $602. 04 Regulatory Cost Recovery $86.52 plus Adm charge $5 plus Solid Waste Tax 9.75% $121.81 plus county management fee $112.41 Total $2,727.78. WOW! The HOA is a not for profit organization.

Does it really cost them $2727.78 to remove their old containers? This was billed after the termination date of the contract and we had to store their containers for several days. I highly recommend that you know exactly what you are getting it to with Waste Management! Their Customer Service says we have to pay the bill.

Not certain what my next steps are. It is hard to speak with someone at Waste Management to discus these charges.

Apparently 31 years means nothing to Waste Management.

Product or Service Mentioned: Waste Management Waste Collection.

Reason of review: PIck up charges and taxes.

Waste Management Pros: When they acknowledge a mistate.

Waste Management Cons: Over charges and missed pickups.

• Waste Management Contract
  • 31 Years And

Comments

Hi, thank you for reaching out to us regarding your billing concern. Allow us to looking into this right away.

We ask you email wmcares@wm.com Sub; (Review #1256119) include the service address and your contact info, so we may review immediately.

Enjoy the rest of your day. ^mp