Vancouver, Washington
1.4
Additional Fees

I inadvertently overpaid my bill on 3/19/19. I requested a refund several times during the week of 3/25 and cancelled service with them due to their high rates. Advised I was with a local AZ company, they're out of TX it seems. Rep said they'd refund my $334 but not until 2 months later, by the end of May, maybe. They take 6-8 weeks for refunds? During a conversation with Zach employee #6108 out of Houston, TX I was told his manager (Alex) wasn't available and there was no one in AZ to help me but that they'd pick up their containers this week. He really could careless and it showed. My husband called and a nice gentlemen by the name of Chris said he saw notes on my account, said they were trying to get a faster turn-around, didn't specify how long for my refund and his manager or someone would call me to advise of status. This was 3 days ago, still no call but I received an email today from csarizona@wm.com (refunds come from TX) stating same, 6-8 weeks and I replied, see below:

"Terrible business practice. You can pick up your containers in 4 to 6 weeks as well. I will go forward with complaining to the BBB and pretty much any media outlet available to me. If I owed Waste Management money, I would not get 4-6 weeks grace period to pay. You'd discontinue business with me and rightfully so. I've been in Accounting, I'm in the legal field now - never have I encountered 4-6 weeks refund policy with any business. The usual is 7-10 working days, tops.

By the way, can you please forward your policy wherein it states this 6-8 weeks for refunds? You have my money, I have the right to know it's policy and not retaliation for cancellation of services. I will look into possibly charging you interest and/or filing a small claims complaint but I will give Waste Management until 4/12/19 to refund my money, more than 10 business days.

I am so happy I cancelled service with your company. Absolutely horrible business practice. Get it together, get some competent accountants Waste Management.

Rachel Barajas"

Product or Service Mentioned: Waste Management Customer Care.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments

WMCares

Thank you for reaching out to us, Rachel. We apologize!

This is not the experience we want our customers to have. We responded to your Private Message.

We look forward to your response. ^mp

WiryGerbil
@WMCares

You're asking for my address, can't provide it on a public forum. Please call me at 623-205-7286.

My name is Rachel Barajas. I had an account with WM for over 9 years.

Refund my money at a reasonable time, not 2 months from now. I will move forward on 4/12/19 with a small claims complaint and ask for interest on my money you are withholding.