Albuquerque, New Mexico

I have an offgrid home in Rio Rancho, NM. For years I recycled my own waste and since I generate little did not sign up for service.

In summer of 2014, rented home. Renters wanted garbage service. I was fine with that if they paid for it and told them that they could go to the local Waste Management and sign up. They signed up for service IN MY NAME.

A few months later I return to evict deadbeat renters and find overdue WM bills in my name. I called WM to complain, but was told service has to be in owner's name, and of course they weren't willing to give me free service. I asked how the service could be initiated without me signing anything.

I believe that if I wanted to pursue this legally I would win but I ended up paying the bill because new person living in my home wanted service as well. Moral of story - GO TO WASTE MANAGEMENT OFFICE to initiate service and collect up front from renters for service for the length of the rental.

Product or Service Mentioned: Waste Management Waste Collection.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Waste Management Cons: Renter not billed.

Comments

Christine was the most pathetic customer service representative. Starting charging for our service without authorization.

Then wanted us to pay for the service two years before we even owned the home.Had to prove them wrong!

This was a terrible experience..They never pick up the recycles so why even bother.. Brought us used bins that were broken.

Worst garbage service ever. Fee charges ($5.00)administrative for mailing you your bill and not paying online, Oh, lets not forget the charge for Fuel/Environmental Fees ($15.53)you pay them also every month.Between them and Comcast I dont know whos worse for stealing money from right out in front of you.

They did say they would price match another refuse service, little too late for that and if they could do that then why in the *** would you even be charging me that much in the first place???

I dropped them, and moved on with a locally owed refuse service and I couldnt be happier and I pay $20.00 less. Soooo long Waste Management your service is garbage so your in the right business atleast.

Please email us at wmcaresonline@wm.com (Subject: Albuquerque, NM) with your address & contact infromation, so we can look into this. Thank you & sorry for any inconvenience.