Houston, Texas
1.3

Waste Management is a horrible company. I have used them to two years.

I have noticed that my bill was increasing so I called. Obviously I talked to several different people before someone told me that their office was closed for the day. It was 4:00. My next step was to get online and send an email.

It took forever for someone to call me back. After playing phone tag with a represenative for a few days we finally were able to talk about my concerns. I let him know I wasn't satisfied with the increase and I found a company that would do it for way less and I was considering switching unless they lowered their price. Well he quickly let me know that I was locked into a 3 year contract and if I wanted out that I would have to pay 6 times my last bill plus dumpster removal fee plus taxes.

Which ended up being a little over 1,000 dollars.

He did however tell me he would lower my rate if I signed another three year contract. No thanks Mr.Business Man I will wait until July then I'm gone.

Product or Service Mentioned: Waste Management Dumpster Rental.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments

Just be sure you give them a notice of between 180 and 90 days before your contract ends or you'll be locked in as contract automatically renews. It's a horrible company to deal with.

@Anonymous

Thanks

Dbuckalew1

I have already talked to someone and that is when I was notified if I left I would be charged $1,000 for breaking my contract. I understand that fees should be paid but $1,000 plus dollars is ridiculous.

Sorry to read about your pricing and sales agreement concerns. We can look into this further.

Please email wmcares@wm.com (Subject: Houston, TX) with the account address & your contact information, so we may better assist. Thanks, ^RM