California, United States

I first called Waste Management back on 12/23/15 to have our large rubbish tote downsized. During that call with the people in Billing, at 1-800-266-7551, I was told that the tote would be changed out on 12/24.

I then called back to Billing at (our local number), on 12/28/15 at 10:24am. I spoke with Kathy. She said that it was shown as Complete. I told her that was NOT done, as we still have the large tote.

She then replied that it would be switched within 24-48 hours. Since it was not done in 48 hours, I then called back to billing on 12/30/15 at 11:35am, and spoke with Cynthia. She said that there was a shortage. But the shortage would be fixed by the 31st or January 7th.

Time to have the tote out is on our day of pickup between the hours of 6am to 6pm. Then, on 1/7/16, I called 1-800-266-7551. Instead of pressing 3 for Billing, I pressed 4 for Other questions. I spoke with Rosie at 1:22pm.

I told her of all the previous calls I made to have the tote switched. She said that it will be done. I placed my final call to Waste Management on 1/13/16, phone number of (our local number). At 1:23pm, I again pressed 4.

I spoke with Ruby. I told her of the previous calls, and the problems we are having with Waste Management to get the tote swapped. She said that the swap would occur tomorrow. Right now, it is 1/14/2016, time of 6:35pm; on the day of our normal trash pickup.

Both my husband and I both went outside to check to see if the tote was swapped. I checked at 5:15pm, and the old original one is still there. I then had my husband check at 6:05pm. He said it was still there.

I told him to bring the tote back up to outside of the house. The tote was finally swapped out on 1/19/2016 at 4:15pm, the tote was changed. Now, the tote was replaced with one that was filthy with trash inside, along with a web; the outside was laden with dirt and bird droppings. We thought that a New tote would be furnished as Waste Management was out of small totes.

We NEVER got an email reply to the tote problems.

So, we contacted California State Consumer Affairs Department. They too, never replied. We Never have had problems with Waste Management before.

Being a company that was shown on 'UNDERCOVER BOSS' does not guarantee problems are fixed.

Product or Service Mentioned: Waste Management Waste Collection.

Reason of review: Combo problem - delivery & Customer Service.

Preferred solution: Totes should be at least steam cleaned before giving to customers, if New ones are not given..

Waste Management Cons: It listed as complete, But was not done.

• Waste Management trash service
  • Waste Management Customer Service

Comments

Sorry to read of this experience. Not what we want to see!

Let us review this further & assist in resolution.

Our email address is wmcares@wm.com, please provide your account & contact details in the body of email and review #778732 in the subject line. Thank you, ^RM