Additional Fees

Update by user Apr 15, 2017

Included the rusted picture of our about to fail 3 yrd dumpster we are paying $ 323 per month for

Original review posted by user Apr 13, 2017

I called to cancel, but was told that since we did not renew in April, that we were automatically renewed for twelve months. The person I spoke with admitted our prices had gone way over what others pay for a 3 yard dumpster.

Well over $ 300 per month. He then blamed our small family business for the rate increases since we did not call to negotiate the price. I have to say this is very deceptive and will have to report to BBB. They include a fee to maintain the dumpster, but the bottom is mostly rusted out.

Any business that has to resort to this type of tactic definitely has a faulty product and service if they need them to succeed. Anyone else have success in dealing with them?

Product or Service Mentioned: Waste Management Commercial Waste Collection.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: Cancellation of service.

I didn't like: Poor communication, Supervisor attitude, Would not listen to our complaint.

Comments

Houston, Texas, United States #1318404

They responded and changed out the dumpster, did not address the issue of their predatory contracts, other than they would not match the $84 quote from another company. If we sign another predatory three year contract , they will reduce the amount to 189 per month the first year, and raising the rate each year of the following two years.

In other words, the contract ONLY benefits Waste Management.

Signing a contract does not keep your rate from rising, but it keeps you locked in even after the contract expires. An "automatic 12 month renewal, unless you cancel in writing not before and not after 60 days prior the end of contract.

Danger, Will Robinson.....stay far away from this company

Houston, Texas, United States #1317384

Still have not heard back from Waste Management on this. If they do respond and resolve thios I will update

Houston, Texas, United States #1315849

Hello, we apologize for the experience you had with us. We'd like to look into further.

Please send us an email w/your address & contact info to wmcares@wm.com (sub: #1034010). Thank you ^yn

to Waste Management Boston, Massachusetts, United States #1315997

I did respond and send the contact info and address.

I will update when and if this is resolved

Don't bother with BBB. They will do nothing .

That baloney about the auto renew sounds fishy.

Read you original agreement carefully.

If they've overcharged you in the past, gather all of your documents (payment receipts), past invoices and that original agreement.

I owned a small business and had lots of issues like this over the years. Don't give up if you're right - it's part of your job.