1.4
Additional Fees

Update by user Dec 18, 2016

RE: 35 gallon garbage can (weight limit 85 lbs.): We have lived in SW Ptown 6 weeks, we continue to have waste management issues; failure to pick up our garbage Wednesday 12/14 was the most recent.We called on 12/15 to inform waste management they failed to pick up garbage.

Waste Management informed her the "driver said “ garbage can was over weight, and WM will charge an additional $8 to come out , if they come out at all. We have a 35 gallon trash bin, GF is 110 lbs 5’6” and not a weight lifter, she easily picked the can off the ground.

Update: I was so frustrated I had to weigh the can and take a photo; 73 lbs. with 4th bag added.

Original review posted by user Dec 17, 2016

RE: 35 gallon garbage can (weight limit 85 lbs.): We have lived in SW Ptown 6 weeks, we continue to have waste management issues; failure to pick up our garbage Wednesday 12/14 was the most recent. We called on 12/15 to inform waste management they failed to pick up garbage.

Waste management informed her the "driver said “ garbage can was over weight, and WM will charge an additional $8 to come out , if they come out at all. We have a 35 gallon trash bin, GF is 110 lbs 5’6” and not a weight lifter, she easily picked the can off the ground. Later that day I went to the can and lifted the can off the ground, the can was at most 50-60 lbs. Since then I added a bag that was probably another 5 lbs.

This is the third issue with WM in 6 weeks, each occurrence we receive “ The driver said”. I do not like typing this, however, the representative is lying or the driver is. If this continues I will write a letter to the attorney general of Oregon; we pay a higher rate than Washington county for a service that has been poor to negligent, so I would have a very ethical reason to write the attorney general for being ripped off.

Update: I was so frustrated I had to weight the can and take a photo; 73 lbs. with 4th bag added.

Review about: Waste Management Residential Waste Collection.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: False information and no service, Reliable to be unreliable then pass fault to customer.

Comments

Houston, Texas, United States #1258493

Hello, we're sorry to hear about the trouble with your service. Please email us at wmcares@wm.com (subject: #975041 ) with your address and contact info and we'll help get this taken care of. thanks ^dn

Jason-Turner
Brandon, Manitoba, Canada #1257044

Doesn't the truck have a hydraulic arm to lift it?

Chrisshinpaugh
to Jason-Turner Waynesboro, Georgia, United States #1257390

Customer service rep spun the failed service on us; the truck arm would not lift, so it was overweight...