Towson, Maryland

I was with Waste Management for 6 years. On January 6 2016 I sent them an email that I wanted to cancel my policy.

I never received a response. When I followed up I was told I would have had to cancel by January 3. Note that my contract wasn't up until April of 2016. I was told that Waste Management automatically renews unless you tell them 3-6 Months ahead that you do not want to renew.

In my business ssometimes we don't know 6 months ahead what will be happening. Even though I was 3 days late, I felt they should make some accommodation because they had not responded. No luck. Just read the script and got nasty when I called them on their assertion that EVERYONE renews for a year when initial contract ends.

Verizon doesn't. Comcast doesn't. Att doesn't. ADT doesn't.

Slomins doesn't. Crimpco doesn't. Those are all the companies that I had initial contracts with and who did not roll over to a new YEAR contract with 3-6 months notice. I sent letters to senior management and received no responses.

Fortunately for me, I was on a seasonal once a month pickup so my cost to get out of the contract was 3 months of only $77 per month and $150 to pick up container (another ridiculous charge).

new local company is far more accommodating and MUCH less expensive for bigger dumpster. Never recommending this company to any commercial customers I know.

Product or Service Mentioned: Waste Management Waste Collection.

Waste Management Cons: Rate and the service.

Comments

Hello- Sorry to read of your service agreement concerns. We can certainly review this further, please email wmcares@wm.com (Subject: Facebook) with the account service address & your contact details. Thanks, ^RM